Page 1 of 1 pages

Camp House, Clifton

Camp House, Clifton


Photograph of Camp House, Clifton. Charles Pinney had this house built before he became Lord Mayor in 1831. Charles was the son of John Pinney, a wealthy merchant who owned plantations on the Caribbean island of Nevis. John lived in Bristol at 7, Great George Street, which is now a museum called the Georgian House. Camp House is now used as offices and is known as Engineers House.

With thanks to David Small and Christine Eickelmann for the use of this image.

Creator: BCC Museum

Date: 2003

Copyright: Copyright BCC Museum

Page 1 of 1 pages