Page 1 of 1 pages

The Red Lodge, Bristol

The Red Lodge, Bristol


The Red Lodge, Park Row, Bristol. The Red Lodge, now a museum, is the last remaining building of the Young family estate. The Great House, also part of the estate, stood where the Colston Hall stands today. The Red Lodge was built in around 1590. In 1854 the house became the country’s first girls’ reform school, set up by the social pioneer Mary Carpenter.

Creator: BCC Museum

Date: 1590

Copyright: Copyright BCC Museum

Page 1 of 1 pages